Harmony Sovereign H1260 (Conversion #121)
Made in USA (which is the only kind we sell.)
Shipping - add $75
Optional> hard shell case - add $100 (our cost)
This road worn Harmony Sovereign jumbo (16 1/4" wide lower bout) is fully setup and converted to X-bracing
Price is based on how this guitar sounds, which is, excellent. It plays and sounds flat out amazing with custom light gauge strings (.011s !). You can easily
tune using harmonics.
We removed the back, removed all original bracing, installed quarter sawn tapered X-bracing, re-installed the back, installed new
back binding, reset the neck, and installed new Coco Bolo pin bridge. Also added spruce reinforcing strips to the sides.
Judging from the original bracing, this is early 60’s. You will look like a pro playing this thing.
Action is 4/64" at the 12 fret.
No cracks anywhere.
- Pin Bridge - Shop made Coco Bolo
- Saddle - vintage bone
- Nut - vintage bone
- Pins - plastic with black dot
- Tuners - Nicely working, good condition slightly used three-on-a-side
- Strap pin - plastic with black dot
- Pick guard - shop made ultra-thin
- Frets - all new (0155)
- Reinforcing plate - hard rock maple
- Fret board binding - Honduras Rosewood
- Neck heel end cap - Maple
- Top - Sitka spruce in excellent structural condition. All original finish, small area of touch up near the fret board extension only.
- Neck - solid premium mahogany
- Back and sides - solid premium mahogany
- Truss Rod - lubricated, tested, and works well
- Truss Rod Cover - white plastic
- Dot markers - MOT
- Back was refinished as the original had some bad finish damage.
- Extensive pick wear on the top and many scratches and dings. This guitar was either played long term by a pro, or
played for years by one or more enthusiastic owners. Which you might say is a good thing. You can tell by looking at
it that someone realized it sounded great and played the heck out of it.